Wednesday 22 July 2009

Flamborough Rigg Cottage, the home of champions….we hope!


We are all exhausted here at Flamborough Rigg Cottage B & B after rehearsing non-stop for the local shows.

At the Danby Agricultural show on 12 August and the Egton Show on 26 August Lily, Katie and I intend to win as many of the dog prizes as possible.

They have an amazing range of events with each show having classes for animals, machinery, husbandry, produce, handicrafts and artistic items.

We think we pretty much have the novelty dog categories sown up.

. Lily for Cutest Puppy.

. Katie and I are fighting over who will be Prettiest Bitch.

. I have upset Phil as I have chosen Caroline to accompany me to enter and win the Best Six legs (Dog and Handler) category. Nothing personal Phil but Caroline has much nicer legs than you.

. I think Katie is a sure thing to win Dog with the Waggiest Tail. It never stops!

. I am also certain that little Lily will win the Dog with the Nicest Eyes category.

We are encouraging Caroline to enter her lovely jams and for Phil take some produce along from our kitchen garden. I am no expert but those onions, cucumber and beetroot must be worth a certificate.

For further details about the Danby show click here and for the Egton show click here.