Monday 10 August 2009

Cropton Brewery in NorthYorkshire.



Some of our guests here in the Hayloft at Flamborough Rigg Cottage have just returned, very excited, from a tour of the award winning micro Brewery in Cropton, North Yorkshire. They even brought back a few mementos, none of which they seem to want to share with me.

Having had the odd lick of their ale myself, obviously only when I have managed to nudge Phils hand when he has been having a pint, I can tell you it is very, very good.

Cropton Brewery has been producing excellent ales now for 17 years although the brewing tradition in the village goes all the way back to 1613 which I think is a very long time.

From March to September they open daily offering tours and the chance to sample some of the ales. Tours are available during the winter months but they recommend that you ring ahead to check opening times.
Be warned that children under 12 are not permitted in the brewery.

I wonder if they let 12 year old dogs in…….