Thursday 15 October 2009

Apples Galore!


We have our fair share of apples here in the garden at Flamborough Rigg Cottage in North Yorkshire. Katie, Meg and I love to take a nibble on the wind falls but from what I hear the good people at Nunnington Hall near Helmsley are the apple experts.

On 19 October you can join Nick, Nunnington Halls Head Gardener, to explore the Hall’s orchard. He will tell you about and invite you to taste the wide variety of traditional English apples. You will then join Nick for lunch in the tea room.

Booking is essential so click here for further details.

Back to our plan as to how steal one of Caroline’s lovely apple and bramble crumbles. I think I may have drawn the short straw as I have to grab the custard!
As always the pesky cat has predicted another disaster.